Saturday, December 19, 2009

Reviews

Falls the Shadow has been reviewed a few times. It's fascinating to read others' impressions of what I've written.

I have an old friend from grade school who recently retired from the Air Force. His old boss is an Ambassador - recently assigned to Zimbabwe - who is also a writer, poet, reviewer, and all-around fun person. He was kind enough to review my book and I was pleasantly surprised by the result. Feel free to have a look:
  • A Review of Falls the Shadow


  • In addition, a reader/purchaser of my book from Amazon also posted a review. He's a high school English teacher from Connecticut. He posted it a while back and I've asked him to re-post to the new Amazon page. If it's not there yet, it soon will be:
  • Falls the Shadow on Amazon


  • All in all, a grand experience. I hope more readers post reviews. It can only help me with my next effort. Others' comments help me to see my writing style and the effect of certain aspects of the finished product in new and interesting ways. In addition, Eloquent Books, the publishers, are working toward more reviews. The more the merrier.

    Last but not least, any and all comments from friends and readers are welcome. I'm not married to what I've written and hope to improve and put better and better prose out there. With this in mind, I don't cringe when someone doesn't like, or understand, what I've written. I try to learn from their comments. I've gotten a few, but more would be great. Feel free to send them along to me or post them to Amazon. Your input is important and never frowned upon.

    In the meantime, I'm working on a new novel, working title "Sandman." Naturally (for anyone who knows me), it centers around events at the beach. The main character, like myself, grew up and experienced many of his life's important events at or near the beach. He returns there again and again as his now mid-life events unfold: divorce, cancer to someone near and dear to him, grown-up children, and more. There is plenty of humor, and a symmetry to the prose - as the past and present reflect one another and the sands of time sift through his toes and slip through his life. I'll try to provide occasional updates and perhaps a chunk of writing from time to time.

    Til next time...

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home